The Kandalaksha district is the southern gates of the Kola land. This district is a large industrial and transport hub of the Murmansk region. The priority of activities of the local government bodies of the Kandalaksha district is improvement of the quality of life, ensuring of complex development of municipal economy, sustained economic growth, creation of comfortable conditions and safety of accommodation of the population of the district.
In the territory of the district such socially oriented investment projects are carried out:
- construction of ski and sports park on the bank of the river Niva;
- optimization of solid waste systems;
- construction of waste sorting and waste processing complex;
- production design of peat extraction and processing;
- working of boiler houses on local types of fuel.